Melanie O’Kane is an administrative veteran with over 29 years of professional administrative experience. Since 2002, Melanie has served clients throughout North America and has helped demystify the world of online business, helping countless entrepreneurs, small-business owners, and busy executives find success and grow their wealth by putting the best virtual assistant services at their fingertips.
By employing an entrepreneurial philosophy, Melanie overcame the challenges of climbing the corporate ladder and hitting the glass ceiling to build a thriving small-business enterprise. O’Kane believes that she is accountable for her own accomplishments, and this mindset is an essential tool used to navigate the fast-paced, leadership-focused path she now follows. As such, Melanie has leveraged her strengths, proven track record, and positive communication style to achieve great things.
Outside of work, Melanie is the mother of three grown children, wife to a Marine Corps combat veteran, and loves her dogs, cats, and chickens. As a Wisconsin native, she loves to cheer for her Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers. When she’s not participating in sports, Melanie enjoys gardening, reading, crocheting, watching “brain-food” television, astronomy, and exploring the Wisconsin countryside whenever possible.
Through an in-depth expertise, professional network, and full-service office, Melanie serves as her clients’ online inbox, completing their administrative and creative tasks, so they can concentrate on core job functions, professional development and enjoy more of what life has to offer.
Summary of Qualifications and Accomplishments
- Combined 28+ years of professional executive administrative experience
- EthicsCheck™ certified
- Accredited education in secretarial sciences
- Ability to work for more than one supervisor and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Proven ability to handle highly confidential information and manage difficult situations
- Former Board member of the International Virtual Assistants Association
- Former Managing Editor of IVAACast
- Experienced supervisor
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to work proactively, independently and collaboratively
- Advanced Windows-based computer, Internet and e-mail user
- Practical business and customer service experience and advanced administrative skills
- Featured in January 2008 BusinessWatch magazine
Education, Certification and Training
- 2016 – Completed MOBE 21-Step Internet Marketing Program
- 2009 – EthicsCheck Certified
- 2002 – Employment and Administrative Law – Southwest Wisconsin Technical College
- 2001 – Visualizer Query and One Up Database Software Training
- 2000 – Web Publisher Course, Including HTML Programming
- 1999 – Customer Service and Selling Skills Training Program
- 1999 – Microsoft Access and iTIS Database Software Training
- 1997 – Time Quest Time Management (Franklin Quest), Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access Training
- 1991 – Restaurant and Personnel Management Program
- 1990-92 – Administrative Assistant/Secretarial Program – Southwest Wisconsin Technical College